Monday, July 16, 2007

Kiss Me, Kill Me

I saw the coolest movie late last night on some strange local station. It was called Kiss Me, Kill Me. It was an Italian movie that is apparently also known as Baba Yaga. It was a really creepy, weird, suspense movie. If you don't like weird you WOULD NOT like this movie. Also beware, there was some nudity. So, if that's not your thing stay away. OK, now that I got the warninigs out of the way I can go on! I knew I was going to love it the minute it started. The music was fabulous and the opening credits were oh so retro! The opening credits were full of these very retro black and white drawings. This movie is from 1973 and these images immediately made me feel like I was right there. The star of the movie is a woman named Valentina played by Isabelle De Funes. I don't know who she is but she is absolutely beautiful. I was particularly in love with her hair! It was totally a 60's Vidal Sassoon look! Don't you think? This is what my hair used to look like before I let it grow into the That Girl look I wrote about recently. I'm not really aiming for the That Girl look! It's just a stop along the way to bigger (Well maybe not BIGGER. The 80's are definitely not the look I'm going for!) and better things. But, Isabelle De Funes makes me want my bob back!!! Don't you just love her hair?? I think it's so funky looking! I think I would have worn every outfit she wore in this movie over 30 years ago! She sort of had that hip beatnik thing going on with her turtlenecks. And the boots the witch has on in one of the first scenes when she gets out of the car would make Imelda Marcos cry! You need to watch this movie if for no other reason just to look at the beautiful images and style. If you're not interested in the story turn the sound down! Apparently this movie is done in the Giallo style. I don't totally understand what that is but if this movie is a good representation of it I hope to see more! I don't know if this is a movie you can get at your local Blockbuster but you know Amazon. They've got everything! The Amazon listing has this movie coming out in 1976. That must be the English version.

No comments: