Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cleaning The Airwaves

I just got done watching the season finale of American Idol. I now feel the need to clean the airwaves and put the world back in balance!

I found this video a few months ago when I was looking for a demonstration for a music class I was teaching. I LOVE it! The hippie girls dancing in the background are so cute! The little girls in my class loved them. I have always thought there could never be anything attractive about David Crosby but they are ALL so adorable. I love the way the one guy (I can't keep all of their names straight) peeks over the top of his glasses. And, the tambourine player flipping his hair is the stuff teen idols are made of! After watching this I looked them up on Wikipedia. Unfortunately, several of them met tragic, untimely death. So sad!

1 comment:

Tom said...

Roger McGuinn is the guy with the glasses. He oddly changed his name from Jim McGuinn about a year into the Byrds career.

The guys in that original Byrds lineup didn't really die untimely deaths, but you're thinking of Gram Parsons, who didn't join the Byrds until 1968.

You know who has real cool '60s clips is Bedazzled

Keep up the nice blog!