Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Get Electrified!

After I started looking at The Electric Company clips last night I decided I need to continue the theme for another day! They are ALL so great! I wish I could post all of them here!! That might get a big long though. Just hearing the opening credits gives me such a warm cozy feeling! It's so weird that something you hardly remember the details of can be ingrained so deep inside you somewhere!



I remember thinking The Electric Company was so cool! It wasn't babyish like Sesame Street. Did you know all the kids on the show were called The Short Circus?? I didn't know that at all! I always liked Julie the girl with the long dark hair. I thought her hair was the greatest! And......Irene Cara from Fame was also in The Short Circus.



There were so many famous people like Morgan Freeman, Joan Rivers, Rita Moreno and Bill Cosby on The Electric Company. I've always wondered if they were famous at the time and offered their services because they knew it was a good cause or did the creators of the show just know how to pick the right talent!



Even the PBS station promo at the end of the closing credits makes me happy. When I hear that I feel like I am 5 years old back in my safe, warm, cozy bedroom.

3 comments:

BellaColle said...

Wahoo! I'm so glad someone remembers the Electric company! I tell my kids about it and they look at me with blank faces..ditto, I remember a happy time when hear of things like 'The Electric Co.' Cheers!

Sandra Eileen said...

I remember it, but I think it was after my time, never really watched it. You all are so young.

Retro Attic said...

I bet we are closer in age than you think!