Thursday, May 3, 2007

Do You Fondue?


I found this great little mushroom pot at Nice. I love it because it is sooooo retro looking. The mushrooms totally make me think of the 70's. It sort of looks like a fondue pot I guess. I love fondue. My friend and I always get together for fondue when her husband goes out of town for work since he doesn't like it. I think men consider fondue to be unmanly or something. I tried to convince my mom to fix fondue one night when I was visiting my parents. My dad would have no part of it. He said there was no way he was going to eat meat that had been cooked over a candle!!! A candle???? OK, whatever! There is no way you can argue with that kind of logic! Her 3 year old son was into the fondue but I'm sure that will change someday. I think his interest in the whole thing had to do with roasting marshmallows and not so much with the eating meat part.

9 comments:

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

I've never had fondue, but the pot is great.

bellacolle said...

You know, I grew up in part of the 70's and I have never had fondue! I feel so deprived...love the pot. Okay, Girl, I am soo glad you have posted on my blog...I hope you come back! Please forgive, but "tag" your it! Visit my blog to see the rules. Please don't be mad.:)

saffron said...

Oh man!! Every one is beating me to the people I wanted to tag!! Well I'm sorry but I'm gonna tag you anyway :) I understand, you probably can only do 1 and I know I'm here 2nd! Wow, it's a lot of work though fun!!

Check out my blog for info!

-saffron
http://poppycatsaffron.blogspot.com/

Great find with those 70s pots!!

shopPOPKO said...

i LOVE fondue. count me in!

Sophiagurl said...

nice pots =) i had a chocolate fondue at a friend's wedding.

JPATPURSES said...

Love fondue... when I was younger I would have a fondue party every year!!!
Hey you have been tagged- look at my blog to see what that means!
Have a great day!

Karen Beth said...

That is the CUTEST fondue pot. The color is stellar! Have you actually used it yet? I'll be curious to know how it works. How fun!

I recently ran across Nice's shop on Etsy, indirectly linked there from her Mother's blog. Great little store... one that I will be keeping an eye on for sure!

Retro Attic said...

My friend just got me a fondue pot for my birthday so I didn't buy this one. : ( It may still be there for anyone who is anxious to buy it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.